Friday, April 22, 2011

Too Too LONG!

I just realized I forgot about this thing!~ I really should get into the habit! My first class for Nursing (which is just basically Fundamentals--things like how to and how not to speak to clients, HIPAA, insurance, the different health care professionals, etc.) is going pretty well. It started on April 4th and it ends on May 4th! YIKES! I took my first REAL test two days ago and got a B! I was so mad at myself! The grading scale for nursing classes is very different than that of the regular education classes @ Tech. We MUST get at least a 78 on everything we do or its a F! Our final average also must be at least a 78 or higher, or we fail the class...What happens if you fail the class you might ask? You get to repeat it one more time and then thats your last chance, if you fail it again, you get kicked out of rotation and have to wait (5 years, maybe) to repeat. Craziness....It kinda stinks too because I am taking two other gen ed classes with this class so I am definitely not doing that anymore once these classes are over. Oh yeah, did i mention on the first day of class we got assigned a project that was due in a week, lol. Fast paced, for sure!

Everyone in my class seems pretty nice too :)

I get a 5 week break after May 4th, thank goodness! Then I start another nursing class and start doing some clinicals at a long term care facility.

So far, thats about it...in 3 weeks I have probably read at least 300-400 pages in my nursing book and wrote a good 75 pages in handwritten notes! I am so going to get carpal tunnel and some vision problems (even more than I already have!)

No comments:

Post a Comment