The last time I wrote in this thing was April...jeez. So much has changed! I have met some of the best people in my nursing class, and we have all become like family. There's a couple girls I like to call my best buds! :) It really has been an amazing experience.
Where to begin...I'll try to start where I left off...in April...lol--
1. On my first day of clinicals at the Long Term Care Facility, I got in my car afterwards and cried all the way to work, cried the whole time I was at work...I really didn't think I had it in me to face those residents again. But after talking to a few people and just letting the tears flow,I felt better and the next time,I put on a brave face (Thank God Judy*(one of my bestie nursing buds) was there to save the day! She was a professional! What took me 10 minutes to do, she had it done before I even gloved up! (THANKS AGAIN Judy*!)
2. After spending two clinical rotations at that facility, I learned to love it and the residents in it...I could actually see myself working there one day....maybe (but probably not)::Long Term Care is a niche that I think only a certain kind of person fits in....still not sure if that is me)
3. So after 3 Nursing classes, I 'graduated' from Kindergarten (Fundamentals) and moved up to the 'Big House'....I started a class that everyone had told us was pure hell....It seemed easy enough...until the tests! I worked a rotation at a hospital (which really was more up my alley, as I saw ALL sorts of fun things)....maybe fun isn't the best word to use...but if you are a nursing student, you know what I mean ;)......So I passed the class, THANK YOU JESUS!
4)I am now in Psych (which is a whole new realm of nursing)...So far I like it, but I think my eyeballs are about to crust over and fall out from reading SOOOOOO much....and then I can't stay focused because I want to youtube all these mental disorders when I read about them...I'm curious to see how clinicals go....I have a different site each week...which is pretty cool.
5) I went to Columbia, SC for the SNA (student nurses association)-SC meeting in Columbia last month with one of my favorite teachers and the current president of our chapter (SNA-GTC). I got to participate in the legislative side of things,which was pretty awesome also.
6) I decided to run for President of the SNA-GTC for next year...and unofficially, I've won...along with my bestest buddies, Lavender* (VP) and Judy* (Activities Director).
7) I Just got a call today about an application I put in at a local hospital for a Patient Care Tech...I really hope I get it...I need to get out of finance and get my butt in a hospital where I belong!
8)Anywho that is about all for now...I really need to get a few hours of sleep so I can study all day tomorrow....again....
I DEFINITELY WILL KEEP IN TOUCH MORE NOW....:)
**Real names have been changed to nicknames to protect the lives of nursing students everywhere** :)
No comments:
Post a Comment