Monday, January 31, 2011

First Impression

Well, time to make my first impression...

My name is Jordan.
I'm 24.
I'm married.
I have 2 little girls-Jaydyn & Aubrey.
Jaydyn is 6 1/2.
Aubrey is 2 (3 in like 3 weeks).
I work part-time in a loan office-pretty boring!
I go to school full-time @ Greenville Tech.


I got accepted to the nursing program a few months ago and my first nursing class doesn't start until April. It took me 3 tries to get in..I had to actually get a different degree (Associate in Science) to use for extra points on the nursing app to even be considered! But finally, its MY time!

I originally started tech to go to a one year program and get a certificate to be a Pharmacy Technician. That all changed one day when I was making a regular visit to America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses. The optometrist stopped my eye exam abruptly & informed me that I should go to the ER right then and that my optic nerve was swollen & could go blind at any minute. Freaked me out to say the least. So, I head to the ER and I had an awesome nurse ( I have seen my share of horrible nurses having two children and all...). The nurse was amazing and made me feel so much better about being there. He spoke about how much he loved his job and the opportunities it had given him so I thought to myself...This guy not only has a job he loves, he gets paid well, has an almost endless list of job opportunities and he gets to make people feel comfortable in an otherwise uncomfortable environment. I thought I can do that, I want to do that so I will do that. The next day I changed my major..and I've been busting my butt to try and get into the competitive nursing program @ Tech. (oh and btw, I was fine, not going blind...after an in-depth examination (and also being told I could have MS) I was cleared...I just have a rare eye condition called Optic Disc Drusen...just hardened proteins on the back of my eye so it makes my optic nerve appear swollen..Lovely right?


Anywho, at the moment I am taking Human Sexuality (which seems so far, to be an AWESOME class). You would be suprised how other cultures view and facilitate sexual relations. I am also taking Clinical nutrition...another pretty easy class. Just counting down the days until my nursing class starts!


Well, I must go--I am at work and should probably being doing some..

No comments:

Post a Comment